The PTA isn’t really as overwhelming as you think. No one expects you to do all the duties of the PTA president on your first day. Relax and keep some of these tips in mind:
- Donate. If you have extra funds in your budget or just bought an extra pack of paper plates, PTA uses many non-perishable items year-round in support of school events. If your not sure, ask your classes Room Parent what you can bring.
- Volunteer. Whether you have 1 hour all year or 1 hour each week, every bit helps. Many hands make light work.
- Help with a fundraiser. Maybe you have a connection in the community that can sponsor a give-back or just are passionate about
- Don’t be afraid to speak up. The best way to get involved is to join right in. If you have an idea, let it be heard.
- Join a committee. Our PTA has different committees that help organize different functions like the yearbook, Spring Fling, or parent outreach. Think about what talents you might have to contribute and sign up.
- Meet other parents. One of the best parts of the PTA is that it connects you with other parents in your child’s school. You can make friends and expand both your own and your child’s social circle.
- Follow/Like us on Facebook. Share our news, events, and fundraising with your online family.
- Buy some school schwag. T-shirts, sweatshirts, water bottles, and anything else in the PTA store h
- Shop Smile.Amazon.com This link automatically gains PRIDE Academy’s PTSA a portion of the proceeds donated by Amazon for each qualified purchase you make.
Our biggest volunteer event of the year is our annual Spring Fling. The 2017-2018 Spring Fling was a HUGE success made possible only through the many people whom volunteered that day to operate a game or food station.
EVERY event that takes place with PTA grows our school’s resources and each child’s opportunity to thrive. This year, don’t be afraid to get involved with our Parent Teacher Association. It can do a world of good for your child and their school.